Thursday, March 03, 2005

Sunday Mornin'

On Sunday morning, all of the musicians awoke early. I could tell by the tone of their voices that this day was different. They were all very focused on the performance that would soon take place in Carnegie Hall. I, on the other hand, was still exhausted. I mean, we only slept for 2 hours on thursday night and I hadn't exactly had an opportunity to catch up on my sleep, so I stayed in bed for a little while longer. Eventually, I popped up and joined the DeFranks (Cindi- Cara's mom, Steve - Cara's dad and Cristin - Cara's sister) and Yates and Joanne (friends of the DeFrank's) for breakfast. It was good to spend time with them again.
After breakfast, mom and Jimmie joined us for a stroll down to 5th Avenue to check out all the priority shopping areas. Of course, we saw the Trump Tower and Macy's and all the typical NY stuff. We went into Rockefeller Plaza and the NBC studios and it was a nice touring day. Thanks mom for my New York sweatshirt from NBC.
It was really cold so we really didn't want to be outside much longer. Besides, Cara's performance was only a few hours away and the Patullo family was driving in from NJ. So, we made our way back to the hotel to get ready for the big performance.

No comments: