Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cold!!!!!!!!!!!!


It's a rare sight in Austin...ice. This is a picture of ice on the window of my car. It reminds me of scraping ice off the windshield of my jeep in North Carolina. Since I've lived in Austin, I think I've seen snow or ice only twice. I miss the white stuff. It's just one more reason that I look forward to heading east after living in Austin. I love it here, but there are so many things that I don't have here that I once took for granted...trees, seasons, short drives to the beach, snow, pork bbq, bojangles, "real" southern accents, ACC sports, ACC sports fans, humidity, rain, green grass, I-40, I-95, the "smell of football season." The smell of football season? Yes, I know what it smells like on those fall mornings when the cool winds are blowing the orange, red, purple and brown leaves of the oak trees. I really miss all of these things. Am I getting homesick? Yeah, I think so.

No comments: