Monday, January 17, 2005

NEW YEAR'S EVE 2005

Finally, I can tell you the story of New Year's Eve. It was a blur of a night. We kicked off the festivities at Brian's apartment before piling on the T and we came as close as I've ever been to the Boston Red Sox "Green Monster" left field wall as we headed down to what turned out to be a massive rave party at the Avalon:
AVALON.
Not the best place for a bunch of preppy white folks, but I must admit that I made the best of it. The sea of gyrating people was hypnotizing and all I could do was raise the roof all night, that is, according to Cara and Brian. Not nice to make fun of my dancin'. But anyway, I can't endorse the club simply because the bouncers turned out to be extremely rude and bartenders were slower than any I've ever seen (Even the incredibly slow G-Vegas bartenders had one up on these folks!) Needless to say, there were some folks who didn't enjoy the show as much as I did. See pics of the "go-go" dancers above. All in all, a merry time was had by me and, I think, Steph was a happy party-goer, as well. Had a bratwurst on the way back to the T and all too soon the night was over. As long as I keep up this blog, I'll be stickin' to my resolution. Cheers to Boston! But, I think next year we'll pick a new city for our celebration. Get ready Brian! Next year, you'll be making the flight to who knows where?! London, maybe? What do you say, Matthew?

No comments: