Monday, January 17, 2005

It's official!!!!! I'm finished with ECU.

Wow! Well, I've been incredibly busy these last few days. I have been bustin' my rump trying to complete my Master's thesis. Most people know that even though I've been out of ECU for 2 1/2 years, now, I had yet to complete my Master's degree. It's a long story, but I wanted to start my PhD before I turned 30 so I jetted out of ECU without finishing the writing for my MS thesis. Well, more than 2 years later, I've finally completed it!!! It's unbelievable. It was so difficult trying to write my thesis and work on my PhD. I don't recommend anyone attempt it. At times, I thought I would crash and burn in both programs. So, needless to say, I'm ecstatic!!! Hell of a way to start off the new year. I have to say thanks to all of my friends and family for supporting me. It was really helpful to have people encouraging me to complete it rather than telling me to forget about it. Cara stuck with me through it all and she'll never know how grateful I am for that. She had to spend many nights without me over the last year while I sat in front of my computer screen with bloodshot eyes and somehow we pulled off, together. If you're curious, you can read my thesis by going to my webspace at: https://webspace.utexas.edu/jlv1212/www/.

No comments: