Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jamie joined the Barack Obama Presidential Campaign

I began volunteering for the Obama campaign at the Texas headquarters in downtown Austin. After receiving training from the Obama campaign leaders, I became the Precinct Captain for our voting precinct in Williamson County. I was responsible for getting several thousand voters to the polls to defeat Hillary Clinton in the Texas Primary. I made hundreds of calls and knocked on countless doors to make sure people got out and participated in the primary and caucus.
Eventually, Cara and I organized and ran the caucus in our voting precinct. I was elected the Precinct Chair and Cara was elected as the Precinct Secretary. Together we collected the votes and organized the caucuses for Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Barack Obama won our precinct 66-33%.
It was the most rewarding experience I've ever had in the democratic process.


No comments: