Sunday, October 30, 2005


So, last weekend was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. I volunteered to help with the Austin Film Festival. My job was to chauffeur the movie writers/directors/actors from the airport to their hotels and to work the door at the after parties. I thought that this would be a unique opportunity to see the inner workings of the AFF and to have unprecedented access to some of the nicest places in Austin such as the Stephen F. Austin hotel, the Driskell hotel, etc. And, I was able to watch some of the newest movies before they were released. Some of the people who were in attendence and who I met were Mike Judge, the creator of Beavis and Butthead, Office Space and King of the Hill, Harold Ramis, creator and actor of the Ghostbusters, Caddyshack and many others, Ernie Hudson, the cast of Shopgirl (Claire Danes and Jason Schwartzman), Josh Alexander, Buck Henry, and many more. Cara and I also attended a viewing of "The Sisters" featuring Mary Stewart Masterson, who was also in attendance. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and I plan to volunteer again next year.  Posted by Picasa

No comments: